Saturday, October 28, 2006

Yesterday Denlo took me to the Massi market here in Nairobi. I went crazy hopping. I got 2 handbags, 5 woven bowls, 12 braclets for the kids, a mask and a batik. We were shopping way longer then I had planned but Delno is a great wheeler dealer so we stuck around for more deals.

In the afternoon we joined Nikos for lunch and then came home to rest. I started to get organized for the next leg of my trip. I need to take just about everything with me as I will not be back here till the 22 of Nov.

We were invited for supper at Delno's neighbors. She is from Ireland and is a wonderful cook. Did not stay out to late and had another great sleep.

Today we went to the orphanage. This amazing Kenyian women has taken in 150 kids. Twenty of these kids have HIV. It is amazing how this place works. I bought them 40 blankes, toilet paper, cookies and a few toys.

We then went out for breakfast and now home to get ready. I do not fly to Tanz till 5:30 this evening and I am already packed. I will kill the rest of the day reading. I cannot believe it but I have already read 4 books. I am so loving this vacation. L

3 comments:

bl4ze said...

Hello the "shop til you drop" lady.Must of been an interesting market square. Your getting some reading done, so that means you are taking some time to rest.(Good)
My what an orphanage, all kinds of new things for you to experience eh!
Eileen seen "mom and Bert" yesterday, all is well, Norm and Noreen had brought her a few pictures that you posted.
Been snowing here all day, but it hasn't accumulated much, yet Gibbons got 6" and around Redwater a foot of the fluffy stuff. So if you get hot climbing the mtn. think of us here.
Have a great hike, take good care and we will be waiting for an update when you come down.
Love all the pictures.
Warmest love and Regards Aunty Dot

Anonymous said...

Linda Hi there Dahling,
Just to wish you a great trip in Tanzania and all the best up Kili.

Be good and much Love see you in about 3 weeks back in Kenya. Delno

bl4ze said...

Linda:
Just wanted to let you know it is -20 C. here this morning and -15 in the city. I see your grin! Thinking of you as this is the 5th day (likely done by now) on the big hill. You must be nearing your goal of reaching the top. Looking forward to hearing and seeing pictures.
Much Success Aunty .