Friday, October 13, 2006

I arrived!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It has been a very long flight. No problems at all which was great. It went very smoothly. I got to Kenya and expected to see Delno outside waiting for me. Well he was told the plane would not get in till 8:50 so he went out to eat. Needless to say I was not sure what to do but being the cleaver traveler that I am, I had is cell phone number with me and called him. He was there in minutes. Whew!

Driveing at night the traffic was not so bad. Delno's house is awesome. Exactly what I pictured a house in Africa to look like.

It rained last night. That kept me awake a wee bit longer than I wanted to so I did not get up till 9am. Now we will go for breakfast and then off to the giraffe orphanage place.

More later. Just feel my beaming face. I have not been this excited about anything in a very, very long time.

2 comments:

bl4ze said...

Happy you arrived safely, I am excited for you too. What is the time difference between here and there? I looked up some info on places you are going, like Mt Kenya and Masai Mara Park. Weather wise, your way...Below zero Im sure! HA! Take care and have a most enjoyable time.

Your favorite Aunt........

bl4ze said...

Monday; early AM Wish I had snuck into one of your suitcase's' mind you it would of had to be a big one (SMILE") its SNOWING here......Your mom, and Bert were at the lake, so I phoned her to say you arrived safely. Tim was out there also thus figured he would not be able to check your blog. They were going home today, before the snow hit. Keep happy and safe....Aunty Dot