Thursday, October 26, 2006

I am now back from safari. Who knew that it could be so exhauting sitting in a truck for hrs watching for hrs on end for animals. Exhausting it was. I need to shower and rest. I will post more tomorrow when I am fresh.

Do know that posting photo's this time around is going to really suck. I took over 400 of them. I will try to pick 20 of my better shots. I am starting to get the hang of the camera so I hope that they will be good.

Some of you are wondering how I am posting this. NO, I do not have a computer/laptop with me. If I did I would be posting a wee bit more often. I use my friends computer when I get back to his house. I leave for Tanz. in a couple of days. I will be using the computers at the hotel there.

Bob, I will not start my trek up Kili till Oct 29th. I am thinking of doing the Magaru route only cause I can take the extra day I need. I am not so sure I can make it up the Machame route without the extra day. I need to pounder this a wee bit more. I am told that you do 7 hrs. then 2 hrs rest then 5 hrs with a hour rest then 6 more hrs. If that is the case there is no physical way I will make it to the top and the top is where I want to be.

Later guys

3 comments:

bl4ze said...

For the Love of GRRRRRRRRRRR
This is my third attempt at sending this comment....What am I doing wrong????????????????????????

Well Princess Linda, "May I have a few minutes of your time for a short hearing." Sorry I have to agree with Tim on the princess thing, "you couldn't feel a pea under your mattress, well unless your were hungry." Tee Hee!
So you walked and talked with the animals,,what a great privelege. Im sure it will be hard to choose what photos to send, make sure you are in some of them. Pick your route up Kili carefully, the one way sounds way to strenuous, like about 18 hours of hiking in a day...No Way! Give it all you got but know your limits..
You are going shopping in Tanz before you climb,,,Arn't you! I am so excited to hear what you find.
Hope your sinus cold is completly gone,,,,,and if this dosen't go thru this time; believe me you will hear me scream. Luv Aunty .

Ps Hello back at you Tim!

Linda baker said...

WHAT??????????? I am so a princess or at least for a week. It was nice.

No, I am not going shopping before I climb Mt. Kil. I will shop while on Safari or when I get back from Safari. I promise to send you a photo of your ring as soon as I get it. Patience women.

bl4ze said...

Patience..,.Yes I know, well Ive been looking at tanzanite rings as long as you have been planning your trip; like 5 years or so.
Hey the pictures are great, I didn't expect to see so much open space, and love the last little place you stayed in, the tree going around it. Couldnt sleep and thought you might have the pictures on by now so checked and sure enough. Thanks and for the little note just for me. Goodnight Princess.