Thursday, November 05, 2009


Thursday Nov 5th

I cannot believe how many of my people are getting sick. It started with one just after we got here. He had a nasty cold. He was down for about 3 days. Then his wife got it. She was only down for 2 days. Yesterday, another guy went down with the flu and my roommate has a nasty GI problem. We are hoping that they are not down to long. It is nasty to be sick in a island, worse when it is your on your vacation but on vacation on a boat. UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!

We are still in search of the allusive whale shark. I have decided that someone here had bad karma. HAHAHAH

So far this week the complaints are way down. Thank god. It is so much nicer.. I knew it was going to be tough to keep everyone happy but I did not expect that much pickiness. Even with that said, this has been an amazing learning experience. The biggest question I have is ………why did I wait so dang long to do it.

I am checking with Alex…who at the young age of 27 has been diving around Asia/Indonesia etc.alot. He had a shop in Malaysia before this boat Anyway, after chatting with him tons, he is going to set me up with destinations and dive operations where I can book a group and get in the 1 ½ hr dives that we are looking for as well as the small stuff. Of course we like the big stuff but we just do not want to waste our time looking for it.

I am pretty sure that I have not mentioned it or not but……I love being on the boat. At least this one as it is big enough to find hiding places to read or to write. One would have to be really careful about getting sun burnt on the boat is the breeze is amazing so you never feel hot when on the upper decks.

Dang…It just dawned on me….not everyone has seen photo’s of this boat. Go to www.mvorion.com or search mv Orion Maldives. This boat is amazing.

This afternoons late dive was amazing. Not only did it have some wonderful corals but we had a frogfish on steroids and a leaf fish. Here they call it a paper scorpion fish. The problem with the dives right now is that we are being followed by a boat of Italians and a boat of Spaniards. There are about 60 or more divers on the same reef. UGH. Hate it.

2 comments:

Dorothy said...

Well alright it was bad enough to get me jealous when I saw the beaches, now that boat, what a luxury machine, hey do they need any help aboard, maybe someone who can speak some english, Oh I just fell in love with it. To be truthfull tho I think I will be sccaaarrred to be out on ocean all the time. Now I can really envision you sitting out in the moonlight, writing emails. Keep up the good blog. Still a number of days for you to enjoy. XXOO Aunty ..

Anonymous said...

Hi Linda, thanks so much for sharing with us. You and Serina last in the boat? I'm not having a hard time imagining that ;-)
Glad to hear the photos are going well. So many exotic creatures! It'll make a great slide show later. All the best, Mike and Susan (p.s. Danny got his PADI card today)