Wednesday, November 04, 2009


Monday Nov 2 2009
At last everybody is extremely happy. We finally got our Manta Ray dive today. Not one, not two but 11 of them. . One of them had at least 10 remora’s on it. They danced, barrel rolled and dive bombed. The vis was not great. About 50 ft, which was fine by us. We were with the Manta’s for about 45 min maybe longer. They were not the little guys either. They were about 15 feet wide and at a cleaning station. They were so awesome that we went back the next day. Well, we went back because we have new people on the boat and they wanted to see them as well. The next day we had 6 Manta’s. After that dive we did a 6 hr corssing so we all read or slept.

Today we did a shark dive. We had a bout 5 grey reef sharks as well as about 10 white tip reef sharks. The full moon has been causing high tides and much stronger currents. Serena and I are usually the last ones on the boat. Not only because we are good on our air but because we hardly move even with the strong currents. It takes the boat awhile to pick up everybody then they have to back track to get us and the owner. Thank god the owner is with us. HAHHAHA

We have been finding a few nudi’s but not many. I am kicking my butt today as on of my people found an amazing one. It was just a baby.
About ¼ inch long. I only managed 3 photo’s as I wanted others to see it. Needless to say…….they were not in focux. UGH. OH well. I have gotten some amazing shots along the way.

Tonight is a beautifully clear night. I am sitton on the upper deck typing this………

Well, off to bed………….mone later……….when we find the whaleshark

1 comment:

Dorothy said...

Oh so good to hear from you again, and the joy you are experencing. I know that is spelled wrong what kind of scrabble player am I anyway. Think it needed an extra i somewhere. LOL Those manta sound so humongous. are there no bad sharks there that you have to watch out for? I must look up what the little chap was that you saw. I can see you on deck with the clear sky and full moon. Its been a lovely full moon here also, so bright, thanx for keeping in touch
Warmest regards....xxoo