Sunday, November 01, 2009


Now..where was I……..Friday…….If I remember correctly I left off with my Friday morning dive. We went to Fish Head and then after that we did a dive to Rahdigga Thila. Again there were loads of fish. Nothing to brag about as yet.

Now, back to the boat. There are 17 crew. The majority of them are Maldivian. Most do not speak English. The cook is directly from Thailand as is her helper/massage person. Needless to say the food is amazing. As you all know…..when your meals are made for you, you eat. I am going to be as big as house when I get off this thing. Thank God I am going to NYC and my friend is going to share her membership with me. I will also be running a 5km race in Queens a few days after I get there. One of the owners is all of 27. Not sure how old his partner is but he is at a dive show so we will not be able to meet him Alex (the young owner) has is parents onboard to assist him. They are so sweet. Oh, they are brits. So I am loving their accents.

On this ship there is a sauna and two hot tubs. They are not used as hot tubs but as a jet pool as the hot water would not be such a good idea for divers. Yes, everythings is expensive here. It is a luxury boat after all but like Bonaire…everything has to be brought in. Such is life. Make for much less drinking. HAHAHAH

Today is now officially Halloween. Guess it is snowing in most places. Giggle. Today so far we have done two dives. We will be doing 3 dives a day till the next Group arrives. Anyway, This morning we went to Bulalhohi Fahru. It had the most current so far. We would slip under a ledge to get out of it. The dive was beautiful but uneventful. After breakfast we went in search of the Manta’s at one of their cleaning stations. Not luck.. OHG I have been forgetting to mention the Napoleon Wrasses. They are truly amazing.

I have to say that all in all things are working out pretty well. It took a few days to get people to settle down and stop bitching cause the boat is not exactly as they would have built it. Such things as storage, wasted space, proper coffee mugs etc.

Today we had an amazing dive. The corals were how I expected them to be. Wonderful colors, tons of fish as well. I want more of that. We will go back there in a few days. Right now it is time for the Brits to leave. We were meant to have a bar-ba-que tonight but the weather turned again. Another big storm came flying in so we had dinner inside. The locals were singing and dancing tonight for everyone. The brit’s did joined in and did their own dances. The locals loved it.

Tomorrow we get a serious sleep in………wake up at 7am. YEAHHHHHHHH.. Not sure when everybody is leaving but a new crew is ooming in. A couple from Spain, Two young Brit chicks and a 54 year old single man……he is special for me. HAHAHA We will be heading to a dive site where the Manta Rays get cleaned. Another boat saw 4 of them there today. I am looking forward to that.

I sure wish that I could sernd some photo’s but I have no idea how to shrink them to send them out. I am very proud of some that I have taken.. I am already thinking of entering them in a contest if I can find the right one.

1 comment:

Dorothy said...

Wow good thing your in a dry or wet suit or your skin would need ironing. Tee Hee. I hate to tell you this but Ive looked up the forcast over there and your in for lots of thunderstorms. Likely they just pass through. Isnt it the way, you cant please everybody all of the time. Well you keep enjoying and especially look over the 54 year old...Ta and Love Aunty Dot.