Tuesday, November 21, 2006

At a computer again. It feels like forever since I wrote last. We did 10 dives at Matemwe
Beach. It was wonderful. My air consumption sucked. Could barely get an hour on most dives using an 80 cu. ft. tank. What was up with that? The water was a bit cooler and a wee bit of current but that in not a very good excuse.

Anyway, I saw turtles, a shark (baby), leaf fish, nemo's (clown fish), scarface (Morish idols) , turtles, alagator fish. etc etc etc. It was way different than home. Way for fish but the vis was not that great. I did get some photo's but not so many. I totally could not figure out the macro. Chuckie---------------HELP??????? I did get a few nudibranches.

Right now we are at the Mtoni hotel which is only 5km out of Stone Town. I was upset at first to see how far away we were but now that it is raining we would be stuck in our room where here we can still be outside. Both of the places we stayed in on Zanzibar have been awesome. This is a beautiful island.

Well tomorrow we head back to Nairobi. I cannot belive that my holiday is almost over. Two days in Nairobi and then I start my 3 day trip back home. It has been a totally awesome time.

More once I get to Nairobi.

Hugs

8 comments:

bl4ze said...

It is so good to hear from you and know all is OK. I looked up info on Zanzibar most beautiful, you are so fortunate to have been there in person. What treasured memories you will have. Thanks once more for sharing them with us. All is well here, no real cold weather yet, so we are happy campers. Continuing with you to the end of your journey.
Hugs to you. Aunty Dot

Linda baker said...

But now what about your stone? Do you want it? I am assuming not. Hope that I am assuming right

Linda baker said...

Did you get my message saying that cannot seem to access my gmail account. I cannot read your last message there. I leave in the early morning so I will not get the info. now. I did find a few rings here that you would have loved. They were also the right price but...........totally not your size. They only carry size 7 or smaller. Boo Hoo. I did not get my earrings either. They were going to cost me $300 or more

bl4ze said...

Linda:
Could you send a snap of the size 7 rings, if it is still available I think it would fit my left hand.
oh with the time change you likely wont be shopping any more. In the g mail i had said to go a little higher in price rather than just a stone. Like maybe $800. cause it would cost me that much to have the stone mounted anyway./ If there is still a chance go for it if not then I will have to say boohoo too. Thanks for checking
Safe trip home....Aunty D

Linda baker said...

Major bummer. Boo Hoo it is. Actully, I did check out some of the more expensive ring and they did not have 7 but I most certainly could have gotten you the size 7. You so would have loved it. Hey, you never know. I amy be back here one day.

Hugs

Anonymous said...

linda,

got back from ecuador a few days ago. marveled at you and me eing on each side of the earth near the equator. many wonderful things happened, will be sending a journal soon.

i am terribly sorry to hear of your sad news about rembrandt. i had a similar experience being away years ago and my favorite cat being hit by a car. there is no way to make you feel better except to say how much i care. life will go on for you but in a different way.

let us know when you return. today is thanksgiving here. we all have so much for which to be thankful so i will sign off by saying happy thanksgiving and safe travels.

Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear about Rembrandt. We're about to lose our Winnie to cancer...so sad.
Which diving do you prefer--Bonaire or there?? Take care! It's been rainy, chilly, a real nor'easter blew in. Ugh. Judy & Bill

Anonymous said...

Judy & Bill said...
Hello again!! Just fooling around getting ready to eat a big ol' piece of pumpkin pie w/lotsa of whipped cream!! Yum! Happy T'giving!
J & b