Saturday, September 30, 2006

After doing a ton of reasearch myself I have finally gotten this trip booked. I have found two wonderful people....James at ATR (Africa Travel Resource) and Heidi at International Ventures Ltd. If you can afford to add a middle person into your travels they are the ones. I unfortunately could not so on my own......with help from them........I searched.

For Kenya........climbing Mt. Kenya for 5 days and doing a 6 day safari in Masai Mara I will be using Nikos at Africa Calling.

For Tanz........climbing Mt. Kilimanjaro 6 days and Safari in Tanz for 10 days I will be using Zara Travel. Zara Travel was totally reccommended to me by a friend who used them when he did his trek up Mt. Kili.

For Zanzibar........diving I will be staying at Matemwe Beach village and diving with one ocean. In stone town we will be staying at Mtoni Marine Centre. These two places were reccommended to me from one ocean (where they have offices out of) and I found one ocean on the net.

Now for a really funny story. On Thursday I was checking in some guests for diving. I looked at their cards and saw that they were certified in Zanzibar with one ocean. I talked to them a wee bit more and found out that they stayed at the same place as I will be staying at. To sweeten up the pot the young lady lives in Sherwood Park which is a city next to Edmonton which is where I am from. She works at the University Of Alberta Hospital. I can hardly wait to get back to work tomorrow to ask a zillion questions to them.

No comments: